Peterborough Junior Open 2019
JUNIOR OPEN EVENT
U13/U15/U17/U19: Saturday, January 12, 2019: Events will be held at TASS (1009 Armour Road North, Peterborough, Ontario)
Entry Link: http://badmintoncanada.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=81431FF3-AB8D-4C79-AC32-FF032B76DD98
EVENTS: Boys’ and Girls’ Singles and Doubles – U13, U15, U17 and U19 Age Divisions
ELIGIBILITY: UNDER 13 – BORN IN 2007 OR LATER UNDER 15 – BORN IN 2005 or later
UNDER 17 – BORN IN 2003 or later UNDER 19 – BORN IN 2001 or later
1. Players will play an ABCD-style draw when entrants permit.
2. A 5-minute default rule will be strictly enforced throughout the tournament including at start of day.
3. Clothing should be badminton-appropriate, preferably solid colours.
4. Shuttles used will be nylon Yonex Mavis 350s.
All players are welcome. The tournament is designed for players in Ontario, beginner to Junior B level, who are interested in badminton, enjoy playing, and who may not have a lot of tournament experience.
REGISTRATION: 8:30 am Saturday, January 12, 2019
Saturday, January 12:
• 9:00 am U13/U15/U17U19 Boys Singles, U13/U15/U17/U19 Girls Singles.
• 2:00 pm or at completion of Singles: U13/U15/U17/U19 Boys Doubles, U13/U15/U17/U19 Girls Doubles
ENTRY FEE AND DEADLINE: $20.00 per player for one or all events. Please make cheques payable to Peterborough Badminton Club on the day of the event. Deadline for entry is Wednesday, January 9, 2018 by 11:59 pm with payment at the tournament
EYEWEAR: All players MUST wear protective polycarbonate eyewear meeting ASTM F803 approval on court in this tournament in all doubles events.
CANTEEN: A canteen will be available both days including sandwiches, snacks, and drinks.